STOP THE TRAFFIK is now recruiting for our Autumn/Winter internship position beginning in mid October. Our internships run on a voluntary basis for four months at our London office either full or part-time.
As a current intern I can offer you an inside look into what it means to work in the STOP THE TRAFFIK office.
In an internship with STOP THE TRAFFIK you hit the ground running and, in the past two and a half months, my co-intern Eppie and I have:
- Delivered presentations about human trafficking to secondary and 6th form students.
- Assisted with events such as the huge July 7th ‘Unwrapped’ event in which the GIFT box was launched and activists joined together to learn more and to be equipped to take the campaign against trafficking back into their communities.
- Led teams of volunteers during the Olympics with the GIFT box campaign.
- Attended events and conferences around issues of human trafficking and met with individuals and organisations working at every level and in every avenue of the movement to combat trafficking.
- Assisted in the development of new resources for use by local activists.
- Profiled the numerous activities of STOP THE TRAFFIK through its social media platforms.
…and much much more.
This internship has provided me with a variety of valuable experiences and the opportunity to develop professional skills such as public speaking, research, communications and campaigning to name a few, and has offered a great insight into the working of a charitable organisation and in particular an anti-trafficking charity.
I have a couple of months to go and I’m not nearly ready for it to end. I can confidently say that I’m not going to want to leave when the time comes.
If you want to become involved in the fight to combat trafficking through our internship program, email your interest to email@example.com and we’ll provide you with the full job description and an application form. The internship is based in our London office. Applications from outside the UK are welcome however we aren’t able to provide any funding or expenses beyond travel from within London to the office.
Applications must be in by Friday 14th September.