STOP THE TRAFFIK is looking for an intern to join the team at our London offices on a voluntary full-time/ part-time basis.
I’m Sophie – the current intern at STOP THE TRAFFIK.
Sadly, it is approaching the time when I must hand my baton over… For all those thinking of applying, I couldn’t recommend the internship highly enough! The STOP THE TRAFFIK team are fantastic and really supportive. The internship has been really varied and I’ve had a chance to do some brilliant things. Here are some of my highlights and a sneaky peak at the sort of things you might be getting up to.
– Participating in a flash mob to the chocolate industry to launch The 10 Campaign
-Helping out at STOP THE TRAFFIK roadshows
-Campaigning at an Anti-Slavery Day event in Trafalgar Square
-Representing STOP THE TRAFFIK at an anti-trafficking exhibition at the House of Commons (I even saw Ed Miliband!)
-Delivering school lessons/ assemblies and helping to train the British Transport Police
-Listening to 90’s music (and the team’s singing) in the office!
As you can see, it’s a pretty mixed bag! For anyone interested in entering the anti-trafficking/ human rights field this is a great opportunity to gain experience in campaigning and to see how a global charity runs. I’ve definitely learnt a lot since being here!
Interns will work closely with the team to inspire and equip a global grassroots movement to take action and prevent trafficking in their local communities.
The main roles of the internship include:
1. To communicate with, support and resource grassroots activists and ACT groups (Active Communities against Trafficking) through different means of communication and resources.
2. Participate in and assist at STOP THE TRAFFIK events, including public speaking, school lesson delivery, workshops and running stands / stalls.
3. To work closely with the team on the daily administration of STOP THE TRAFFIK including responding to general enquiries (phone, e-mail, letters and processing merchandise orders).
4. Assist in STOP THE TRAFFIK’s internal and external communications including:
– Managing the blog and other Social Networking media
– Helping with press releases
– Crafting communications to go to the global database
INTERNSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
For the full job description and application form, please email us at email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Tuesday 6th December, 17:00.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 15th and Friday 16th December at our London office.
The placement will begin mid-January.
Best of luck