*** We are no longer accepting applications for this recruitment cycle but keep an eye out for information about the next recruitment cycle in Jan. 2012! ***
STOP THE TRAFFIK is looking for London-based interns to join our team for four months on a part-time/full-time voluntary basis. As an intern you will communicate with, support and resource grassroots activists through different means of communication and resources.
As a current intern I can honestly say it’s a great opportunity and an amazing team to work with. For the full job description and application, you can send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Some specific duties and responsibilites will include:
• To work closely with the team on the daily administration of STOP THE TRAFFIK including responding to general enquiries (phone, e-mail, letters, processing merchandise orders, and acknowledging donations etc)
• Assist in STOP THE TRAFFIK’s internal and external communications including:
– Managing the blog and other Social Networking media
– Researching and writing articles and social network comms as and when required
– Helping with press releases
– Crafting communications to go to the global database
• Research, maintain and distribute an up-to-date record of trafficking headlines to the team
• Participate in and assist at STOP THE TRAFFIK events, including public speaking, school lesson delivery, workshops and running stands / stalls
P.S. My top tip for any future interns, bake lemon drizzle cake for team meetings!