Internship opportunities with STOP THE TRAFFIK
I’m Becky the current intern at STOP THE TRAFFIK.
Unfortunately for me my internship is coming to an end and it’s time for someone else to come join our wonderful team. For all those of you thinking of applying, don’t hesitate! The work you will be doing is so varied and interesting which has made my experiences here invaluable and extremely useful for after. Here’s a quick look at some of the things i’ve been up to over the past 3 month:
- Delivering lessons in schools to educate on trafficking
- Attending and helping out at community roadshows and front line services training
- Supporting activists and volunteers around the world
- Representing STOP THE TRAFFIK at events
- Eating lots of cake in the office!
As you can see, it’s a pretty mixed bag! For anyone interested in entering the anti-trafficking/ human rights field this is a great opportunity to gain experience in campaigning and to see how a global charity runs. I’ve definitely learnt a lot since being here!
Interns will work closely with the team to inspire and equip a global grassroots movement to take action and prevent trafficking in their local communities.
The main roles of the internship include:
1. To communicate with, support and resource grassroots activists and ACT groups (Active Communities against Trafficking) through different means of communication and resources.
2. Participate in and assist at STOP THE TRAFFIK events, including public speaking, school lesson delivery, workshops and running stands / stalls.
3. To work closely with the team on the daily administration of STOP THE TRAFFIK including responding to general enquiries (phone, e-mail, letters and processing merchandise orders).
4. Assist in STOP THE TRAFFIK’s internal and external communications including:
- Managing the blog and other Social Networking media
– Helping with press releases
– Crafting communications to go to the global database
INTERNSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
For the full job description and application form, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is Friday 27th April 12 noon.
Interviews will be held the week beginning 7th May at our offices Near Waterloo.
The placement will begin mid-May.
Best of luck